Monitoring, evaluation and planning; Data Analysis and Development Consultant
Place of Birth: Chiatura, Georgia
Date of Birth: 28/10/1972
Home address (registration): IV-8-14 Nutsubidze Plateau, Tbilisi, Georgia
Home address (residence): IV-3-36 Nutsubidze Plateau, Tbilisi, Georgia
Phone: (+995 32) 2 316 321 – Home; (+995 599) 570 539 -Mobile
- Tbilisi State University (Department of Economics)
|1995-1996||The CTESD||Field work coordinator||Economic Barometer, Sampling Survey of Enterprises (Supported by Fund Eurasia) – Coordinator of field works|
|1996-2006||State department for statistics of Georgia||96-98 – Senior Economist of the Division of Household Survey and Special Researches
98-04 – Head of Division of Household Survey and Statistics of Living Standards.
04-06 – Head of Division of Social Statistics
|· Household Budget Survey (Supported by World Bank in 1996-2001, in 2001-2003 supported by DFID and World bank jointly) – 1996-1998 Coordinator of Field Works, 1998-2005 Head of Survey
· Consumption of Tobacco Products in Tbilisi (Supported by State budget) – Coordination of field works, data processing and analysis.
· Survey on the Demand for Health Care Services and Health Care Expenditures in Georgia (Supported by UNICEF) – Coordination of field works, data processing and analysis.
· Population and Mass-media, Household Sample Survey (Supported by State budget) – Coordination of field works, Data Processing and Analysis.
· First Stage (Sampling formation) of Multi-indicator Cluster Survey of Children’s Health (Supported by UNICEF) – Head of the work team.
· Consumption of Tobacco Products before and after Introduction of Excise Stamps, Household Sample Survey, Supported by Tacis – Head of survey.
· First Stage (Sampling formation) of Survey on Reproduction Health of Women, Supported by UNICEF – Head of Survey.
· Consumer Behavior Barometer, Supported by World Bank – Data processing and analysis.
· Socio-Economic Survey of Internally Displaced Persons, Supported by International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent – Head of survey.
· State of Enterprise in Georgia, Supported by State Budget – Head of survey.
· Elaboration and enforcement Integrated Household budget and Labor force survey in Georgia – Head of project.
· Village Infrastructure Survey for Evaluation GSIF Projects, Supported by World Bank – designing and reporting.
· Consumption of Iodized Salt in Georgian Households (Supported by UNICEF) – Head of the survey.
· Elaboration the concept of development of social statistics in Georgia
|2001-2003||State commission of poverty reduction and economic growth||Monitoring and Evaluation Expert||· Diagnostic and analysis of poverty profile in Georgia, based on household survey dataset
· Development of grid of indicators for monitoring and evaluation
· Information support for modeling of poverty reduction
|2006-2007||International Consulting Company ,,Curatio”||Expert-Analyst||,,Child Poverty in Georgia”, funded by UNICEF – Elaboration of conceptual frame, analyzing of existing data sets and providing report.|
|2006-2008||Millennium Challenge Corporation, Georgian fund (MCG)||06-08 – Consultant Statistician of Impact Evaluation.
08 – Program monitoring and evaluation coordinator.
|Elaboration program impacts evaluation design. Coordination of monitoring and evaluation process for MCG program activities|
|2008-2010||Department of Statistics||Consultant of Survey Methodology in group of MCG Program Impact Evaluation with||Providing of methodological advises for implementation of surveys planned in frame of joint project between MCG and DS.|
|2008-2009||TBC TV Studio||Consultant||Planning and supervising of survey and providing analysis for the project ,,The Best Georgians”. Development of system of competition. Providing analysis based on the survey.|
|2008-2009||Atos Consulting Company||Expert||DEVELOPMENT OF CAPACITIES FOR MACROECONOMIC AND FISCAL FORECASTING WITHIN THE FINANCIAL POLICY DEPARTMENT OF THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA. Public Sector Financial Management Reform Support Project (PSFMRSP). Providing the analysis of existing datasets and elaboration of recommendations for the project Public Sector Financial Management Reform Support Project (PSFMRSP).|
|2008||UNDP||Consultant||The project ,,Georgia – Promotion the Use of Renewable Energy Resources for Local Energy Supply” supported by Global Environment Facility project in United Nations Development Program. Providing the Terms of Reference for procurement of consulting services for planning and assessment of possible social, economic and business effects of using the geothermic water spring for heating and hot water supply purposes.|
|2009||,,Open Society Georgia” foundation||Consultant||Systematization on information in the interviews provided with 2008 August war victim population, Consultant. Identification of method of systematization, providing questionnaire, elaboration of software support for data entering, data processing analysis and reporting.|
|2010-2011||Ministry of agriculture Projects Coordination Center (PCC)||Consultant||World Bank Financed Georgian Agriculture Development Projects Coordination Center (PCC), Georgia Rural Investment Climate Assessment. Providing advises for survey design, planning of sampling design, elaboration survey questionnaires, guidelines and implementation schedule for survey targeted to elaboration of Rural Development Concept in Georgia.|
|2010-2012||Georgian Insurance Association (GIA)||Head of M&E team||Providing methodology, instruments and guidelines for monitoring and evaluation of GIA activities and providing analytical reports and presentations, elaboration scheme of movement of flows of information, piloting and implantation.|
|2011-2012||World Bank||Consultant||· Development of sampling design, sampling formation, elaboration of survey instrument an training of field staff for Rural Investment Climate Assistance survey in Tajikistan
· Development of sampling design, sampling formation and statistical analysis for the surveys for several projects implemented by World Bank.
|2011-2012||IFAD||consultant||Developments of sampling design, sampling formation, elaboration of survey instrument, supervising the field activities, providing data processing, analysis and providing impact evaluation report for IFAD projects in high mountain districts of Georgia|
|2012-2014||ACT research group||consultant||· Coordination and methodological support for surveys provided by ACT research group in Moldova for impact evaluation by Millennium Challenge Corporation projects in Moldova;
· Development of sampling design, sampling formation and survey instruments and providing data processing, analysis and reporting for baseline survey for IFAD projects in Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia-Hercogovina
|2012 and 2014||Political Coalition ,,Georgian Dream“||Head of division of database formation||· Analysis of the list of voters
· Development of strategy and elaboration of instrument for door to door action;
· Development of algorithm for database formation for results from door to door action, data processing and analysis;
· Development of algorithm of movement of data flows for election day and development of algorithm for database formation for events on elections day. Development of observation instruments, data processing and analysis;
|2013-2015||UNDP||Consultant Statistician in MRDI (Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure)||· Provide recommendations to the Ministry on the issues addressed in the Memorandum of Understanding signed between the Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia and National Statistics Office of Georgia for improvement of regional and municipal statistical data.
· Provide statistical inputs to the Ministry and carry out data analysis in the process of preparation of Decentralization and Local Self-Government Development Strategy of the Government of Georgia
· Analyze integrated Household Survey Databases within the competencies of the ministry and in the context of State Strategy of Regional Development of Georgia for the years 2010-2017.
· Participate in the process of formation of united GIS system, analyze statistical data and consult the Ministry for integration of statistical data into GIS system.
|2014; 2016||EBRD||Consultant Statistician in Ministry of labor in Mongolia||· Data Analysis Tool: The Consultant will analyses the results of two trial surveys conducted by the Ministry of Labor. In so doing, the Consultant will design a Tool in an appropriate format that will be used to aggregate and analyses the survey data.
· Training Programme: The Consultant will design and deliver a Training for the Ministry staff on data analysis methodology and specifically how to use the Tool.
· Coaching: The Consultant will coach the Ministry staff in processing and analyzing the results of the official SME Observatory survey. This will be done in a way that ensures that transfers the appropriate skills with practical coaching.
· Handbook: The Consultant will prepare a practical handbook on how to use the Tool, based on the guidelines developed in the workshops and the lessons learned during the coaching sessions.
|2012-2016||ACT – research company||Consultanti||· Planning of various surveys;
· Developing survey instruments;
· Sampling formation;
· Data processing and analysis
· Providing survey reports
|2016-Present||Georgian Foundation of Strategic and International Studies (GFSIS)||Cosultant||· 2016 – ,,Structural Unemployment and unemployment structure in Georgia” – providing analytical research based on the existing data sources.
· 2017 – ,,Chronic poverty and income inequality in Georgia” – providing analytical research based on the existing data sources.
· 2018 – ,,Middle class in Georgia – measure, dynamic and factors” – providing analytical research based on the existing data sources.
|2016-2017||Ministry of Correction of Georgia||Head of division of Statistics, researches and analytics||· Providing Statistics of penitentiary system
· Elaboration the concept of Harmonized Information System development
|2017-Present||Georgian Industrial and Regional Development Company (GIRDC)||Senior Analytic||· The analysis, assessments and modeling the perspectives of developments various sectors of economy in Georgia|
|2017-2018||Ministry of Correction of Georgia||Consultant||· Providing consultations for providing statistics of penitentiary system
· Providing consultations for implementations the concept of Harmonized Information System development
|2017-2018||EBRD||Consultant Statistician in Ministry of labor in Mongolia||In the 3rd round of SME survey in Mongolia:
· Provide survey instruments for 2017 SME (Small and Medium Enterprises) survey.
· Proving the data entry form for 2017 SME survey.
· Providing training of local staff for 2017 SME survey.
· Providing data processing and analysis for 2014, 2015 and 2017 SME surveys.
· Participation in the process of reporting the survey results and development the concept of information and communication strategy of SME department in MoFALI (Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry of Mongolia
- Coordination of Field Works and Logical Control of Data for Sampling surveys, Ottawa – 1998 (By Word Bank)
- Poverty Analysis based on Georgian Household Budget Survey data, World Bank, Washington C. – 1998
- Social Statistics Issues, SIDA, Stockholm – 1999
- Social Statistics Issues, DFID, London – 1999
- “Statistics of Poverty” Bishkek –1999 (By UNDP)
- Consultations for World development Report 2000-2001, Budapest – 2000 (By Word Bank)
- Methodological issues of Household budget survey – 2001, DFID, University of Southampton;
- Poverty Forum, Budapest – 2001, WB institute
- Poverty measurement and estimation issues – 2002, Moscow, WB institute
- Management issues – 2002, DFID, ONS, London
- Conference about Millennium Development Goals, Moscow – 2002, UNDP
- Poverty measurement and estimation issues – 2002, Yerevan, USAID
- Second research based regional course – 2004, Seoul, Korea, UNSIAP
- Implantation of Devinfo database for monitoring and evaluation support in Georgia – Geneva, Switzerland – 2004, UNICEF.
- Management of information streams for transmonee information databases – Geneva, Switzerland – 2005, UNICEF.
- Approaches for poverty measurement and poverty profile – Paris, France – 2005, Tacis.
- Data processing and analyze of Multi Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS) database. Sarajevo, Bosnia-hercogovina – 2006, UNICEF.
- Slums Upgrading and Delivery of Services to the Urban Poor’s – Rehovot, Israel – 2010, MASHAV Center
MS Power Point
Participated in preparation of following statistical publications:
- Georgian Households in 1997, State Department for Statistics of Georgia, Tbilisi 1998
- Population and Mass-media, State Department for Statistics of Georgia, Tbilisi 1998
- Georgia – Poverty and Distribution of Incomes, World Bank, Washington C. 1999
- Consumer Behavior Barometer in 1998-1999, State Department for Statistics of Georgia, tbilisi 1999
- Statistical Yearbook of Georgia, State Department for Statistics of Georgia, Tbilisi 2000
- Consumer Behavior Barometer in 1999-2000, (State Department for Statistics of Georgia Tbilisi 2000
- Georgian Households in 1998-1999, State Department for Statistics of Georgia, Tbilisi 2000
- Internal Displaced Persons in Georgia is Preparing by International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent
- Georgia – Poverty update, World Bank, Washington C. 2002
- Georgian Households in 1996-2001, State Department for Statistics of Georgia, Tbilisi 2002
- Inculcation of IHS (integrated Household survey) – medium report State Department for Statistics of Georgia, Tbilisi 2003
- Survey on Users and Producers of Statistical Information – State Department for Statistics of Georgia, Tbilisi 2003
- Georgian Households in 2002-2003, Department for Statistics of Georgia, Tbilisi 2004
- Georgian Households in 2003-2004, Department for Statistics of Georgia, Tbilisi 2005
- Structure of Unemployment and Structural Unemployment in Georgia, Georgian Foundation for Strategic and International Studies (GFSIS), In cooperation with Fridrich Ebert Foundation, Tbilisi 2016, ISBN 978-9941-0-9430-9, https://www.gfsis.org/library/view/2456
- Chronic Poverty and Income Inequality in Georgia, Georgian Foundation for Strategic and International Studies (GFSIS), In cooperation with Fridrich Ebert Foundation, Tbilisi 2017, ISBN 978-9941-27-558-6, https://www.gfsis.org/library/view/2509
- The Middle Class in Georgia: Quantitative Assessment, Dynamics and Profile Georgian Foundation for Strategic and International Studies (GFSIS), In cooperation with Fridrich Ebert Foundation, Tbilisi 2018, ISBN 978-9941-8-0766-4, https://www.gfsis.org/ge/library/view/2674